My journey to this blogger-filled event started when I tweeted that I was wishing to go to BlogWorld but wasn’t sure it was in the cards for this year. One of my Twitter friends @Ribeezie suggested that I enter the contest by Derek Semmler and try to win a free pass. I entered and I won!
One thing I’ve found about going to conferences is that I am the happiest with my results when I am clear going into the event what I want to accomplish. So, with that in mind, here are my goals at BlogWorld (in no particular order – except the first one):
- Meet Derek Semmler and buy him a beer. It’s the least I could do since he got me a pass to the whole enchilada.
- Chat with Dave Taylor about his @FilmBuzz project.
- Connect with at least 15 business and/or marketing related bloggers who would let me give away a copy or two of my book to their readers and have me stop by on my virtual book tour.
- Meet with Wendy Piersall (the SparkPlug CEO herself) about teaching a class on mobile marketing at SparkPlugU.
- Talk with the folks from Tagga about their cool mobile marketing platform.
- Meet with any other mobile marketing people who are there.
- Meet a ton of my Twitter and blogging friends in person. There are way too many of you to even start to list them here. You know who you are!
- Get 25 new ideas for ways to improve my blog and my marketing.
- Get 50 new subscribers to receive my Mobile Marketing Text Brief. If you want to jump on board just text the word KIMDUSHINSKI (no spaces and it doesn’t have to be in all caps) to 95495.
- Have FUN!
Now, I’ve really got to get packing. Hopefully my cool postcards for The Mobile Marketing Handbook will arrive tomorrow as scheduled.